brings you up to date information on what's happening around
the world in hair and you don't get much bigger and more prestigious than the British Hairdressing Awards.
2008 British Hairdresser of the Year Nominees are Announced
The waiting is over and the nominees for the 24th British Hairdressing Awards have been announced. From a specially selected group of industry experts, beauty journalists and international trade press, seven inspirational and influential hairdressers – the cream of the British hairdressing industry, have been nominated for the prestigious British Hairdresser of the Year Award.
The nominated hairdressers are;
- Akin Konizi – Artistic Director for hob salon group, and previous winner of London Hairdresser of the Year 2005. This is Akin’s third consecutive nomination.
- Andrew Barton – previous winner of British Hairdresser of the Year 2006, Andrew is the Artistic Director of Saks Hair and Beauty. This is Andrew’s sixth nomination.
- Angelo Seminara – The current British Hairdresser of the Year and International Creative Director at Trevor Sorbie. This is Angelo’s third nomination and he has previously won the Avant Garde Hairdresser of the Year in 2000, 2003 and 2004.
- Antoinette Beenders – As Global Artistic of Aveda, Antoinette was announced British Hairdresser of the Year 2004, and in 1995 won Avant Garde Hairdresser of the Year.
- Errol Douglas – This is the 12th nomination for Knightsbridge salon owner Errol Douglas, previous winner of Afro Hairdresser of the Year 1993, 1995 and 2007.
- Gary Hooker & Michael Young – This is the first nomination for owners of salon group Hooker & Young and six times winners of North Easter Hairdresser of the Year and Schwarzkopf British Colour Technicians of the Year 2006.
- Phil Smith – As owner of 22 international Toni & Guy salons, this is Phil’s sixth nomination. Phil is a previous winner of Wales & South West Hairdresser of the Year 1993,1998 and 1999.
In the British Hairdressing Awards 24 year history there have only been 14 hairdressers who have been awarded this esteemed title. They are - Trevor Sorbie, Anthony Mascolo, Irvine and Rita Rusk, John Frieda, Andrew Collinge, Nicky Clarke, Charles Worthington, Umberto Giannini, Beverly C, Mark Hill, Antoinette Benders, Lisa Shepherd, Andrew Barton and Angelo Seminara. 2007 British Hairdresser of the Year, Angelo Seminara was ecstatic when he won the coveted title. “I couldn’t believe it when my name was called out, I was overwhelmed and delighted – winning the title has made my year,” said Angelo.
Jayne Lewis-Orr, Publisher/Editor-in-Chief of Hairdressers Journal International, was delighted to announce the nominees. “British hairdressing is viewed throughout the world as being creative and inspiring and the 8 British Hairdresser of the Year nominees, all live up to that expectation. The forthcoming months are going to be very exciting, as we have the first round judging of the regional and specialist categories, followed by the announcement of the six finalists within nine regional categories and the six specialist categories. Within that time, the British Hairdresser of the Year nominees will be preparing their exclusive portfolio, which will be judged with the regional and specialist category finalists in October. I wish everyone involved the best of luck, as winning a British Hairdressing Award can really change your life.”
The British Hairdressing Awards 2008 is presented by Hairdressers Journal International and sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional. The winners in all sixteen categories, culminating in the premier accolade, British Hairdresser of the Year 2008, will be announced at a fantastic star studded awards ceremony and dinner at the Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, London on Monday 24th November 2008.
Welcome to Virtualhaircare.com, one of the oldest and largest resources for hair care information and hair style pictures on the net.
You have reached a specific collections page, just part of our much larger site. If you have not come through our home page you may be missing out on the hundreds of pages of hair information, tips and beauty promotions. To get back there just press on this link on on the picture below
Virtualhaircare publish the very best quality fashion shots: if you would like to see more of our vast galleries of the latest haircuts, hair coloring and hair styles please come and check out our world leading collections of the latest hair style fashion photography by pressing here or this logo below: